Business startups – Accountants Exeter
Starting your own business can be daunting but with the right help and the right ideas can lead to a successful venture and the freedom most entrepreneurs strive for.
We at M J Smith & Co believe a start up needs as much support as is possible. New businesses often fail because they have no one to turn to when the going gets tough. They constantly need advice and help. Most larger business’s have the support in house, they have the financial director, the marketing managers and sales teams to keep the business going. We at M J Smith & Co have experience on all these or we can put you in touch with people who can. We can and often do act as your business angel and set the business on firm foundations to prosper.
Unlike many larger accountancy firms we offer a bespoke package to fit your needs and you always have a single point of contact.
It does not have to cost a fortune either, we offer fixed fees and with that you get all the help you need.
We can help you with:
- Deciding on the best entity to run your business, either Limited company, Sole trader or Partnership. Each of these has advantages and disadvantages and sometimes a combination can be very tax efficient especially if you are starting up from being employed and has early trading losses.
- Discussing any banking needs and help with preparation of a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts if needed and deciding which bank best fits.
- Completing registration with Companies House, HMRC, PAYE registration and company formations if you have decided to go for corporate entity rather than sole/partnership. This still needs HMRC registration and often PAYE if your employing staff.
- Dealing with any company secretarial matters such as issue of shares or appointing Directors.
- Setting up accounting systems for recording the businesses accounts, through either destop accounting software such as Sage or cloud based applications such as Xero or Quickbooks using bank feeds.
- Probably the most important part of the accountant/client relationship is the ongoing support once the business has started. Day to day support is essential and avoids many of the pitfalls a new business can face.
As well as evaluate your ideas to see if they actually work.
We also offer a unique service with fixed annual fees and free on going support, so however much you talk to us it’s all part of the price, no unwelcome surprises at the year end with fees. Just what a start up needs !
For more information- contact us for an initial free meeting today. Your accountants in Exeter.